The Redding Rancheria has filed the land-into-trust application as an ongoing effort to relocate its Win-River Resort & Casino to a much larger site:
The Redding Rancheria has asked the Bureau of Indian Affairs to set aside 232 acres in Shasta County to be placed in trust for gaming purposes. At this time the plan calls for a 140,000-square-foot casino, and the existing casino buildings would be converted to a different use. The purpose would be to improve the economic status of the tribal government so it can better provide housing, health care, education, cultural programs, and other services to its members and the community.
- The Tribe is in the beginning stages of a federally-mandated environmental review process that includes input from the Community.
- The plans include a 140,000-square-foot casino
- A proposed hotel that will include about 250 rooms
- Retail and an event/convention center would be included
- The Tribe will be conducting an economic impact study
- All media questions will be forwarded to the public relations director to review with the appropriate spokesman
For more information, please contact:
Director of Public Relations Redding Rancheria