Easter is a time for family and celebration. It is also a time for dessert. If you like dessert, spring time is a perfect reason to indulge your taste buds with carrot cake, chocolate eggs and marshmallow peeps. If marshmallow isn’t your favorite you must try the “Better Than Easter…Carrot Poke Cake.” Be warned that if you are expecting a crowd for Easter this cake will go fast.
If you want to have the cake all to yourself this Easter you must take your family to Win-River Resort & Casino and enjoy the wonderful Easter Brunch. Adults eat for only $24.95, children 7 & up eat for just $7.95 and children 6 & under eat for free. Don’t miss this amazing deal for the whole family to enjoy in Win-River Resort & Casino’s very own Elements Restaurant. Easter Brunch is served Sunday, April 5 from 9am-4pm. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 530-243-3377 Ext.1396
Better Than Easter… Carrot Poke Cake
- The 9×13 Carrot Cake recipe of your choice, baked and cooled
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 6 oz Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting (see notes below)
- 6 oz (half a tub) of whipped cream cheese (must be whipped)
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae sauce (just pour on as much or as little as you’d like)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (sprinkle on as much or as little as you’d like)
- Leave the cake in the dish it was baked in– this is not a free standing cake.
- Poke approximately 20-25 holes, spread evenly, over the top of the cake with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over top, trying to fill the holes as much as possible.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the cool whip, the cool whip frosting, and the whipped cream cheese until smooth. Spread over top of the cake.
- Pour the caramel sauce over top of the cake, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, really overnight is best.
- Cut into 12 squares to serve (you can cut more, 1/12 is a pretty large piece!).
Notes about this recipe:
Cool Whip Frosting is not the same as cool whip. But you can find it right beside the cool whip in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Recipe by Something Swanky at http://www.somethingswanky.com/better-than-easter-carrot-cake-poke-cake/